As the Eukanuba challenge continues and is now in its third week, here’s what we’ve noticed:
- Tori appears to be slimming down somewhat! Her waistline is no longer expanding. We may just be winning in the battle of the bulge!
- She has more energy and seems more eager to go for her walks. She practically springs up in the morning!
- Her ears look healthy and clean and I’m confident Eukanuba is helping her to maintain her pearly whites.
- Her bowel movements are regular, she seems to have more stool since switching to the weight control formula.
- One thing is for sure, Tori has never had the freshest breath. Yet it seems to be improving with this Eukanuba formula!
Since we started this challenge I have been thinking of Tori’s diet and eating habits more like I do my own. One morning this week, I put down Tori’s Eukanuba as I usually do. I noticed that within seconds Tori was actually snorting while she was eating. She was eating so fast and furiously that she was making all kinds of piggy noises.
This made me question whether she was really enjoying her meal? We are all taught to take our time, chew for extended periods of time, and focus on our food so we can savor and enjoy then taste and ultimately feel satisfied and full. Tori, on the other hand, was definitely not having that experience as she snorted up her food like a canine vacuum cleaner.
I started to think how I could make feeding time more of an experience for her with her quality Eukanuba food. Then it dawned on me that there are many dog toys available that will slowly dispense food for dogs as they play with them. Tori was never much of a toy-playing dog, so adding the food element would entice her to play as well as slow down her eating process. She would also be stimulated mentally and physically while slowly completing her meal. Great idea right?!
Ok, so maybe we were expecting too much. Don’t worry, we did take time to show her how to get the food. After several minutes of her frustration and annoyed barking, we fed Tori with her regular bowl. However, we are not giving up and will try again. Till next week!