Friday, June 22, 2012

NOT TOO HOT TO TROT!

I'm not sure if any of you have noticed but it's been REALLY HOT lately!! Being from the south, I'm used to high temps, but I thought that by moving up north, I wouldn't have to deal with that anymore. WRONG!  The summer's are just as hot and the humidity...yuck...don't even get me started!! While I'm still going on nature walks since the path is shady and cooler, I've been spending a lot more time indoors working out.

Yesterday, Zeke and I played together in one of the indoor play suites. We jumped and danced around, chasing toys and playing tug of war! Best of all, it was nice and cool the whole time!




I'm slimming and trimming my waist-line! So far, I have lost 3.2 pounds and 3 inches from my waist line. To some, that may not seem like a lot but I'm doing it in a slow and healthy way. To put it in perspective, we can refer to an example from Dr. Ernie Ward, veterinarian and founder of The Association for Pet Obesity Prevention. He says, "Every excess pound on a female Lab is equal to 4 to 5 pounds on a 5’ 4” female or 5’ 9” male."  (Check out Dr. Ernie Ward at Morris Animal Inn).

Since I'm almost the size of a female Lab, for me to lose 3 pounds is equivalent in human weight to me losing between 12 and 15 pounds. Smaller portions of healthy food and regular exercise, much like in the human world can also work wonders in our doggie world of weight loss. Three weeks down, one more to go!



Stay cool everyone and have a safe and wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment