Wednesday, June 27, 2012

THE END OF THE BEGINNING

This week is my last week of weight loss camp at Morris Animal Inn. My, how quickly this month has blown by! 

Yesterday was a triumphant day! I went into the pool, on my own, without the help of flexi-leashes! Now that I'm used to swimming and have gotten really good at it, it has become an activity I eagerly await! I'm proud of my new-found aquatic skills! I'm a very calm swimmer, I cut through the water smooth as a fish. I feel as light and weightless as those skinny poodles I see prancing around.

Today, I started working on some basic manners training skills. You see, this Southern gal is about to make her debut this Thursday, June 28 at Eleventh Hour Rescue's 2nd Annual Muttini Mixer Yappy Hour! The Manners Program Leaders, Michelle and Lisa, are teaching me to be a well-behaved lady! I feel like Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady! I'm very excited because the theme of the Muttini Mixer is a luau so I get to wear a cute Hawaian outfit! Ooo la lei!

I'm keeping the toes on all my paws crossed that I meet my forever family at the mixer. Wish on a star for me tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment